Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Teen Fashions

I can't get over how ugly teens' clothing is today. The colors are UGLY! They were ugly in the 70's and 80's when they were bright, and the same colors today are even more ugly because they're grayed down. Looks like everything has been washed with the jeans and rugs. I saw a girl the other day in one of those dresses with the points on the hem, and the background color was a dirty white. There were gray-orange polka dots about 2 inches in diameter, and then there was this gray-aqua trim around the neckline and sleeves. Talk about ugly!

And what's with the pregnancy tops? Those things with a full "skirt" that starts right under the boobs. They're usually made of filmy or slinky material in dull colors in prints that remind me of diamond back rattlesnakes. I hated that look when I was wearing maternity clothes, and I don't like it one bit more on skinny girls. On fat girls it is WAAAAAY bad!

2 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I'm not a fan of current fashions either, but at least they are making the shirts long enough now that their butts don't show above their jeans so much anymore.

Unknown said...

I must agree with Robin. Thankfully we are not seeing the "muffin tops" anymore.