Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Holy Ghost Lady

When I started this blog, I didn't really know much about blogs or what was expected of me. I could NOT think of a nifty name for my blog. Nothing sounded like ME. Well, now I've thought of something, and it's too late. I'm already signed on as Karendelane. Boring!

When we went to West Bluff Christian Church in West Peoria, IL, I taught a lot of Sunday School. I got the idea that we would teach the kids the Gloria Patri and the Doxology, since those were sung in every church service, and it seemed logical that kids would enjoy being able to join in. Naturally the words of those two song-lets are very unusual to kids.

After a few weeks we were making progress, and the kidlings were finally getting the hang of it. One Sunday I was absent, and one of the five-year-olds asked, "Where's the Holy Ghost Lady?"

Now, there's a good blog name! Holy Ghost Lady! Why didn't I think of that last year?

No comments: