Sunday, July 26, 2009

High Style

I’ve been told that it is no longer fashionable to wear pantyhose (or any nylons, for that matter). I hope it isn’t true. I see lots of young women with bare legs, but I still think they look like heck. It's a rare leg that is tanned to the correct degree. Also, my feet stick to shoes when there’s no sock between skin and shoe, and I can’t see how it could be any different for other women. Very uncomfortable.
I wear pantyhose every single day of the year. It started when I was teaching and felt I had to wear them. Then I retired and didn't like shoes without socks, and I HATE the look of old women with anklets on! I don't like knee-highs, because sooner or later (if you're wearing a skirt) the tops of them are going to show.
When I had to start wearing compression knee highs, I found out that a pair of panty hose over them worked just fine. Now I'm so used to wearing the things that they don't even make me feel hot. My temperature-adjusting features are all above my waist anymore.
I put on my hose first thing in the morning and don't take them off till bedtime. I guess I’m the one out of fashion: I "dress up" every day with make-up, earrings and hose. As soon as I leave my bedroom, I’m ready to do whatever comes up…except go swimming or sunbathing. The only concession I've made to style is that I now wear "walking shoes," instead of flats.
---- Original Message -----

No comments: