Thursday, March 6, 2008

World's Greatest Hand Cream

Every winter, all winter, I have problems with cracks in the skin of my thumb right beside the nail. I know you know what I mean, because everyone else has the same problem. Sometimes I have hangnails. Everyone knows about hangnails, too.

Well, there is a cure, a solution. The answer to a maiden's prayer ---oops, that's something else--is No-Crack Hand Cream. It's made by the Dumont Company (not DuPont) in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, and it's terrific.

I got my first jar of it many years ago at Smith's Drug Store in Peoria. It comes in three forms, All-Purpose, Day, and Night. They had little sample jars of the Day cream at Smith's Drugs for $.69 a jar. After I tried it out, I went back and bought enough to give everyone in my church a jar and put one in every Christmas stocking that year. About once a year since then I'd go back and buy another supply, even taking orders from people at church.

Well, now I'm just about out of the Night Cream, and Smith's Drug Store has gone out of business! It's not sold on-line as far as I can determine, and I'm trying to get a local beauty shop to stock it. There are three other places in Peoria that carry it, but all three are really inconvenient to get to.

If you're interested in ending your cracked winter skin or hangnail problem, go to the internet and look up nocrack.com to find out where it can be purchased near you. You'll be glad you did!